What does Afonso mean?
The meaning of Afonso is "noble, ready for battle".
Afonso is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced A-fon-so.
The Given Name Afonso
Afonso appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
This 3 syllable name has spirit and charm.
Wrap it up and take it home, Afonso may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Afonso de Albuquerque, Afonso I the Conqueror, and Afonso II the Fat.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Afonso Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Afonso has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Afonso to other names.
Afonso Related Names
- Afonso de Albuquerque ~ Explorer
- Afonso I the Conqueror ~ Portuguese King (1139-1185)
- Afonso II the Fat ~ Portuguese King (1212-1223)
- Afonso III ~ Portuguese King (1248-1279)
- Afonso IV the Brave ~ Portuguese King (1325-1357)
- Afonso V the African ~ Portuguese King (1438-1477; 1477-1481)
- Afonso VI the Victorious ~ Portuguese King (1656-1683)
Afonso Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.