What does Albert mean?
The meaning of Albert is "noble, bright".
Albert is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Al-bert.
The Given Name Albert
In the Middle Ages, it was a name often borne by German royalty.
The name was introduced into England by the Normans where it displaced the Old English cognate Aebelbeoht.
In Ireland, the name is sometimes used as an anglicized form of the Irish name Ailbhe.
Albert falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Albert 'Babe' Siebert, and Albert Abraham Michelson.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 475 in baby name popularity for boys with 642 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Albert Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Albert has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Albert to other names.
Albert Related Names
The names Aberto, Adalbeorht, Adalberto, Adalbrechta, Alberta, Alberte, Alberteen, Albertina, Albertine, Alberto, Albertyna, Albet, Alpertti, Altti, Alverta, Aubert, Auberta, Halbart, Halbert, Halburt, Walberto are all forms of Albert.
- Albert ~ Saint, Hungarian King (1437-1439), Pope (1102)
- Albert 'Babe' Siebert ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Albert Abraham Michelson ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1907
- Albert Avogadro ~ Saint
- Albert Brooks ~ Actor
- Albert Camus ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1957, Writer
- Albert Chmielowski ~ Saint
- Albert Claude ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1974
- Albert de Broglie ~ French Prime Minister (1873-1874; 1877)
- Albert Einstein ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1921
- Albert Fert ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2007
- Albert Finney ~ Actor
- Albert Francois Lebrun ~ French President (1932-1940)
- Albert Lutuli ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1960
- Albert of Bergamo ~ Saint
- Albert of Cashel ~ Saint
- Albert of Clatina ~ Saint
- Albert of Gambron ~ Saint
- Albert of Genoa ~ Saint
- Albert of Louvain ~ Saint
- Albert Sarraut ~ French Prime Minister (1933; 1936)
- Albert Schweitzer ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1952
- Albert Spalding ~ Baseball Player
- Albert Szent Gyorgyi ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1937
- Albert the Great ~ Saint
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Albert are often accepting and anchored but most of all they are read more >>
Albert Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.