What does Bobby mean?
The meaning of Bobby is "bright fame".
Bobby is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Bo-bby.
The Given Name Bobby
Bobby is a great choice for parents looking for a more popular name.
This 2 syllable name has majesty and a positive vibe.
Bobby is also great as a middle name.
Bobby falls into the song name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Bobby Bauer, Bobby Bell, and Bobby Charlton.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 787 in baby name popularity for boys with 296 occurrences. It ranked 16,240 in baby name popularity for girls with 5 occurrences.
Want to see how Bobby sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Bobby Name Popularity Page.
Bobby Related Names
- Bobby Bauer ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Bobby Bell ~ Football Player
- Bobby Charlton ~ Soccer Player
- Bobby Clarke ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Bobby Doerr ~ Baseball Player
- Bobby Fischer ~ Chess Player
- Bobby Hull ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Bobby Jones ~ Golf Player
- Bobby Layne ~ Football Player
- Bobby McDermott ~ Basketball Player
- Bobby Mitchell ~ Football Player
- Bobby Moore ~ Soccer Player
- Bobby Orr ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Bobby Robson ~ Soccer Player
- Bobby Wallace ~ Baseball Player
- Bobby Wanzer ~ Basketball Player
Want to know how your name choice may effect your child?
Then take a look at the Numerological Report For Bobby.
It may give you some insight about your new baby.
Children named Bobby are often robust and proper but most of all they are read more >>
Bobby Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Bobby in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Bobby in Nautical Flags page.