What does Charlie mean?
The meaning of Charlie is "free man, strong".
Charlie is used as both a boys and girls name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Char-lie.
The Given Name Charlie
Charlie is good for parents who want a name that is bold and appealing.
A name fit for a child full of allure and spirit, a little pioneer.
Charlie remains a favorite due to its enchanting and attractive nature.
Charlie falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Charlie Bucket, Charlie Byrd, and Charlie Chaplin.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 154 in baby name popularity for girls with 1,908 occurrences. It ranked 214 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,782 occurrences.
View the Charlie Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Charlie has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Charlie to other names.
Charlie Related Names
- Charlie Bucket ~ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator character
- Charlie Byrd ~ Musician
- Charlie Chaplin ~ Actor, Film Director
- Charlie Conacher ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Charlie Cox ~ Actor
- Charlie Dalrymple ~ Brigadoon character
- Charlie Gardiner ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Charlie Gehringer ~ Baseball Player
- Charlie Hunnam ~ Actor
- Charlie Joiner ~ Football Player
- Charlie Parker ~ Jazz Musician
- Charlie Sanders ~ Football Player
- Charlie Sheen ~ Actor
- Charlie Weasley ~ Harry Potter character
- Charlie White ~ Skater
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Charlie are often envied and haunting but most of all they are read more >>
Charlie Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Charlie in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Charlie in Nautical Flags page.