What does Christian mean?
The meaning of Christian is "a Christian".
Christian is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Chris-ti-an.
The Given Name Christian
The name dates back to medieval times when it was used as a name for both boys abd girls.
As a form of piety, the name was borne by 10 kings of Denmark.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Christian B. Anfinsen, and Christian Bale.
Want to see how Christian sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Christian Name Popularity Page.
Christian Related Names
The names Carsten, Christer, Christiaan, Christiana, Christiansen, Christianus, Christien, Cristian, Cristiano, Karsten, Karston, Kristian, Kristijan, Krystian, Krystiyan, Krystyn are all forms of Christian.
- Christian ~ Saint
- Christian B. Anfinsen ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1972
- Christian Bale ~ Actor
- Christian Covington ~ Football Player
- Christian de Duve ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1974
- Christian Frederick ~ Norwegian King (1814)
- Christian I ~ Danish King (1448-1481), Norwegian King (1450-1481)
- Christian II ~ Danish King (1513-1523), Norwegian King (1513-1523)
- Christian III ~ Danish King (1534-1559), Norwegian King (1537-1559)
- Christian IV ~ Danish King (1588-1648), Norwegian King (1588-1648)
- Christian IX ~ Danish King (1863-1906)
- Christian Kane ~ Actor
- Christian Lous Lange ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1921
- Christian O'Conarchy ~ Saint
- Christian Sharps ~ Business Mogul, Scientist
- Christian Steinmetz ~ Basketball Player
- Christian V ~ Norwegian King (1670-1699), Danish King (1670-1699)
- Christian VI ~ Norwegian King (1730-1746), Danish King (1730-1746)
- Christian VII ~ Danish King (1766-1808), Norwegian King (1766-1808)
- Christian VIII ~ Danish King (1839-1848)
- Christian Wulff ~ German President (2010-2012)
- Christian X ~ Danish King (1912-1947)
Christian Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.