What does Christopher mean?
The meaning of Christopher is "follower of Christ".
Christopher is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 11 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Chris-to-pher.
The Given Name Christopher
It is derived from Christos the Greek form of Christ and the Greek word phero meaning "to bear" or "to carry".
Early Christians used the name as a way of showing that they "carried" Christ in their hearts.
A famous bearer of the name, the explorer Christopher Columbus set sail from Spain four times in an effort to find a direct water route west from Europe to Asia.
Christopher falls into the easy nickname name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Christopher 'Biggie' Wallace, and Christopher A. Pissarides.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 38 in baby name popularity for boys with 8,285 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Christopher has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Christopher Name Popularity Page.
Christopher Related Names
The names Christoffer, Christoph, Christophe, Christophoros, Criostoir, Cristiobal, Cristobal, Cristofer, Cristoforo, Criston, Cristoval, Cristovao, Kester, Khristophoros, Kristof, Kristoffer, Krisztian, Krystof, Krzysztof, Risto are all forms of Christopher.
- Christopher ~ Pope (903-904), Saint
- Christopher 'Biggie' Wallace ~ Hip Hop Musician
- Christopher A. Pissarides ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2010
- Christopher A. Sims ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2011
- Christopher Bales ~ Saint
- Christopher Buxton ~ Saint
- Christopher de Romaniola ~ Saint
- Christopher Eccleston ~ Actor
- Christopher Gorham ~ Actor
- Christopher John Francis Boone ~ The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time character
- Christopher Lee ~ Actor
- Christopher Lloyd ~ Actor
- Christopher Marlowe ~ Writer
- Christopher Masterson ~ Actor
- Christopher McDonald ~ Actor
- Christopher Meloni ~ Actor
- Christopher Mintz Plasse ~ Actor
- Christopher Nolan ~ Film Director
- Christopher Paolini ~ Writer
- Christopher Plummer ~ Actor
- Christopher Reeve ~ Actor
- Christopher Robin ~ Winnie-the-Pooh character
- Christopher Robinson ~ Saint
- Christopher Stanley ~ Actor
- Christopher Walken ~ Actor
- Christopher Wharton ~ Saint
- Christopher Wren ~ Architect
Christopher Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.