What does Cornelius mean?
The meaning of Cornelius is "horn".
Cornelius is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced Cor-ne-li-us.
The Given Name Cornelius
A daring name, Cornelius possesses great character.
Wrap it up and take it home, Cornelius may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Cornelius Fudge, and Cornelius McConchailleach.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,538 in baby name popularity for boys with 106 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Cornelius Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Cornelius has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Cornelius to other names.
Cornelius Related Names
Cornelius has the diminutive (nickname) Kees.
- Cornelius ~ Biblical Character (Acts 10:1), Pope (251-253), Saint
- Cornelius Fudge ~ Harry Potter character
- Cornelius McConchailleach ~ Saint
- Cornelius van Wijk bij Duurstede ~ Saint
- Cornelius Vanderbilt ~ Business Mogul
Cornelius Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.