What does Dionysius mean?
The meaning of Dionysius is "follower of Dionysius (god of wine)".
Dionysius is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced Dio-ny-si-us.
The Given Name Dionysius
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A creative name, that may be just right for you.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Dionysius Fugishima, and Dionysius of Alexandria.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Dionysius sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Dionysius Name Popularity Page.
Dionysius Related Names
- Dionysius ~ Saint, Pope (259-268)
- Dionysius Fugishima ~ Saint
- Dionysius of Alexandria ~ Saint
- Dionysius Sebuggwao ~ Saint
- Dionysius the Areopagite ~ Biblical Character (Acts 17:34)
Dionysius Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.