What does Eugene mean?
The meaning of Eugene is "well born, of noble birth".
Eugene is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Eu-gene.
The Given Name Eugene
Eugene falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Eugene Bossilkov, and Eugene Delacroix.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 825 in baby name popularity for boys with 272 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Eugene Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Eugene has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Eugene to other names.
Eugene Related Names
Variants of the name Eugene include Eugenes.
Eugene has the diminutive (nickname) Gene.
- Eugene ~ Saint
- Eugene Bossilkov ~ Saint
- Eugene Delacroix ~ Artist
- Eugene Fama ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2013
- Eugene Galekovic ~ Soccer Player
- Eugene I ~ Pope (655-657), Saint
- Eugene II ~ Pope (824-827)
- Eugene III ~ Saint, Pope (1145-1153)
- Eugene IV ~ Pope (1431-1447)
- Eugene Levy ~ Actor
- Eugene O'Neill ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1936
- Eugene of Mazenod ~ Saint
- Eugene Schueller ~ Business Mogul
- Eugene Wigner ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1963
Eugene Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.