What does Fanny mean?
The meaning of Fanny is "from france, free man".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "free".
Fanny is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Fa-nny.
The Given Name Fanny
Fanny is an elegant and sophisticated name.
This great little girl name has a natural grace.
Fanny is also great as a middle name.
Fanny falls into the place name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Fanny Dashwood, Fanny Mendelssohn, and Fanny Price.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 6,605 in baby name popularity for girls with 18 occurrences. Less than 5 boys were given the name.
Want to see how Fanny sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Fanny Name Popularity Page.
Fanny Related Names
- Fanny Dashwood ~ Sense and Sensibility character
- Fanny Mendelssohn ~ Musician
- Fanny Price ~ Mansfield Park character
- Fanny Robin ~ Far From the Madding Crowd character
- Fanny Squeers ~ Nicholas Nickleby character
Fanny Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.