What does Frederick mean?
The meaning of Frederick is "peaceful ruler".
Frederick is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Fre-de-rick.
The Given Name Frederick
This 3 syllable name has charm and a positive vibe.
Frederick is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Frederick Albert, and Frederick Banting.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 513 in baby name popularity for boys with 582 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Frederick sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Frederick Name Popularity Page.
Frederick Related Names
Variants of the name Frederick include Fredrick.
The names Bedrich, Bedrisek, Federico, Federigo, Freddericke, Fredek, Frederic, Frederica, Frederico, Fredericus, Frederik, Frederique, Fredrik, Freek, Freodheric, Frerik, Friderich, Friderik, Friederike, Friedrich, Frigyes, Frithrik, Fryderyk, Frygyes, Peleke are all forms of Frederick.
- Frederick ~ Saint
- Frederick Albert ~ Saint
- Frederick Banting ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1923
- Frederick Chapman Robbins ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1954
- Frederick Cook ~ Explorer
- Frederick Delius ~ Musician
- Frederick Gowland Hopkins ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1929
- Frederick Janson ~ Saint
- Frederick North ~ British Prime Minister (1770-1782)
- Frederick of Liege ~ Saint
- Frederick of Regensburg ~ Saint
- Frederick Reines ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1995
- Frederick Sanger ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1980, Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1958
- Frederick Soddy ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1921
- Frederick Tilney ~ Northanger Abbey character
- Frederick Whitcroft ~ Ice Hockey Player
Frederick Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.