What does Gabriel mean?
The meaning of Gabriel is "G-d is my strength".
Gabriel is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Gay-bri-el.
The Given Name Gabriel
The name may also derive from gah-var (גׇּבַר) meaning "to become stronger" and gah-bare (גַּבֵּר) meaning "to strengthen".
In the Old Testament he appears to the prophet Daniel and helps to explain his visions.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Gabriel Byrne, and Gabriel de Duisco.
The trend's your friend. See how Gabriel has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Gabriel Name Popularity Page.
Gabriel Related Names
The names Gabirel, Gabor, Gabrian, Gabrianna, Gabriela, Gabriele, Gabriella, Gabrielle, Gabriels, Gabrien, Gabrio, Gabrjel, Gabryjel, Gaby, Gavrel, Gavrie, Gavriel, Gavriil, Gavril, Kaapo, Kaapro are all forms of Gabriel.
- Gabriel ~ Biblical Character (Dan. 8:16)
- Gabriel Byrne ~ Actor
- Gabriel de Duisco ~ Saint
- Gabriel Faure ~ Musician
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1982, Writer
- Gabriel Lalemant ~ Saint
- Gabriel Lippmann ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1908
- Gabriel Oak ~ Far From the Madding Crowd character
- Gabriel of Ancona ~ Saint
- Gabriel of Saint Magdalen ~ Saint
- Gabriel Taurin Dufresse ~ Saint
- Gabriel Vasconcelos Ferreira ~ Soccer Player
Gabriel Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.