What does Gerard mean?
The meaning of Gerard is "spear brave".
It is also of French origin, where its meaning is "spear rule".
Gerard is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ge-rard.
The Given Name Gerard
Unique yet fearless, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
A valiant name that will be loved by parents.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Gerard 't Hooft, Gerard Butler, and Gerard Debreu.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,175 in baby name popularity for boys with 159 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Gerard sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Gerard Name Popularity Page.
Gerard Related Names
Gerard has the diminutive (nickname) Ged.
- Gerard 't Hooft ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1999
- Gerard Butler ~ Actor
- Gerard Debreu ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1983
- Gerard Depardieu ~ Actor
- Gerard Joling ~ Musician
- Gerard Kuiper ~ Scientist
- Gerard of Brogne ~ Saint
- Gerard of Clairvaux ~ Saint
- Gerard of Lunel ~ Saint
- Gerard of Monza ~ Saint
- Gerard of Saint Wandrille ~ Saint
- Gerard of Toul ~ Saint
- Gerard of Villamagna ~ Saint
- Gerard Philips ~ Business Mogul
- Gerard Pique ~ Soccer Player
- Gerard Reve ~ Writer
- Gerard Sagredo ~ Saint
- Gerard Swope ~ Business Mogul
Gerard Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.