What does Gustav mean?
The meaning of Gustav is "staff of the gods".
It is also of French origin, where its meaning is "royal staff".
Gustav is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Gus-tav.
The Given Name Gustav
Gustav is quite a daring name and a welcome find.
This great little boy name has a natural a positive vibe.
Wrap it up and take it home, Gustav may just be the name you're looking for.
Gustav falls into the royal title name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Gustav Bauer, and Gustav Heinemann.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 4,432 in baby name popularity for boys with 22 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Gustav sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Gustav Name Popularity Page.
Gustav Related Names
- Gustav ~ 3 hurricanes, 2 storms
- Gustav Bauer ~ German Chancellor (1919-1920)
- Gustav Heinemann ~ German President (1969-1974)
- Gustav Holst ~ Classical Musician
- Gustav I Vasa ~ Swedish King (1521-1560)
- Gustav II Adolf ~ Swedish King (1611-1632)
- Gustav III ~ Swedish King (1771-1792)
- Gustav IV Adolf ~ Swedish King (1792-1809)
- Gustav Kirchhoff ~ Scientist
- Gustav Klimt ~ Artist
- Gustav Ludwig Hertz ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1925
- Gustav Mahler ~ Musician
- Gustav Stresemann ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1926, German Chancellor (1923)
- Gustav V ~ Swedish King (1907-1950)
- Gustav VI Adolf ~ Swedish King (1950-1973)
- Gustav Wilhelm Wolff ~ Business Mogul
Gustav Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.