What does Haakon mean?
The meaning of Haakon is "high son".
Haakon is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Haa-kon.
The Given Name Haakon
Haakon is a memorable and bold name.
A stylish name, Haakon possesses great character.
Haakon is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Haakon Eiriksson, and Haakon I the Good.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 5,606 in baby name popularity for boys with 16 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Haakon sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Haakon Name Popularity Page.
Haakon Related Names
- Haakon ~ Norwegian King (1093-1094)
- Haakon Eiriksson ~ Norwegian King (1028-1029)
- Haakon I the Good ~ Norwegian King (934-961)
- Haakon II Sigurdarson ~ Norwegian King (970-995)
- Haakon II the Broadshouldered ~ Norwegian King (1157-1162)
- Haakon III ~ Norwegian King (1202-1204)
- Haakon IV the Old ~ Norwegian King (1217-1263)
- Haakon V ~ Norwegian King (1299-1319)
- Haakon VI ~ Norwegian King (1343-1380)
- Haakon VII ~ Norwegian King (1905-1957)
Haakon Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.