What does Harold mean?
The meaning of Harold is "army ruler, army leader".
Harold is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ha-rold.
The Given Name Harold
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A simple name that will enchant parents.
Harold falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Harold 'Bud' Foster, and Harold 'Bullet Joe' Simpson.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 802 in baby name popularity for boys with 287 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Harold sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Harold Name Popularity Page.
Harold Related Names
- Harold ~ Saint
- Harold 'Bud' Foster ~ Basketball Player
- Harold 'Bullet Joe' Simpson ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harold 'Pee Wee' Reese ~ Baseball Player
- Harold E. Varmus ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1989
- Harold Holt ~ Australian Prime Minister (1966-1967)
- Harold I Harefoot ~ English King (1035-1040)
- Harold II ~ English King (1066)
- Harold Lloyd ~ Actor
- Harold Macmillan ~ British Prime Minister (1957-1963)
- Harold Pinter ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 2005
- Harold Ramis ~ Actor
- Harold Russell ~ Actor
- Harold Urey ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1934
- Harold Wilson ~ British Prime Minister (1964-1970; 1974-1976)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Harold are often hopeful and comfortable but most of all they are read more >>
Harold Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.