What does Harry mean?
The meaning of Harry is "ruler".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "home ruler, ruler of the estate".
Harry is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ha-rry.
The Given Name Harry
Harry is quite a mesmerizing name and a welcome find.
Bold yet simple, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Although often used, your valiant little Harry, is sure to make it all his own.
Harry falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Harry 'Bing' Crosby, Harry 'Buddy' Jeannette, and Harry 'Hap' Holmes.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 649 in baby name popularity for boys with 399 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Harry sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Harry Name Popularity Page.
Harry Related Names
- Harry 'Bing' Crosby ~ Actor, Musician
- Harry 'Buddy' Jeannette ~ Basketball Player
- Harry 'Hap' Holmes ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry 'Moose' Watson ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry 'Punch' Broadbent ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry 'Rabbit' Angstrom ~ Rabbit, Run character
- Harry 'Rat' Westwick ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry 'Whipper' Watson ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Belafonte ~ Calypso Musician
- Harry Burns ~ When Harry Met Sally... character
- Harry Callahan ~ Dirty Harry character
- Harry Cameron ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Carson ~ Football Player
- Harry Connick, Jr. ~ Actor, Musician
- Harry Dean Stanton ~ Actor
- Harry Gallatin ~ Basketball Player
- Harry Gregson Williams ~ Musician
- Harry Heilmann ~ Baseball Player
- Harry Hooper ~ Baseball Player
- Harry Howell ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Hyland ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Kroto ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1996
- Harry Lloyd ~ Actor
- Harry Lumley ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Markowitz ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1990
- Harry Martinson ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1974
- Harry Morgan ~ To Have and Have Not character
- Harry Mulisch ~ Writer
- Harry Oliver ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Harry Potter ~ Harry Potter character, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone character
- Harry S. Truman ~ U. S. President (1945-1953)
- Harry Shum, Jr. ~ Actor
- Harry Trihey ~ Ice Hockey Player
Harry Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.