What does Hermann mean?
The meaning of Hermann is "army man, soldier".
Hermann is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Her-mann.
The Given Name Hermann
Hermann appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
Sophisticated yet appealing, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Although unique, your little daring Hermann, is sure to make it a memorable one.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Hermann Emil Fischer, Hermann Hesse, and Hermann Jonasson.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Hermann Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Hermann has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Hermann to other names.
Hermann Related Names
- Hermann Emil Fischer ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1902, Scientist
- Hermann Hesse ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1946, Writer
- Hermann Jonasson ~ Icelandic Prime Minister (1934-1942; 1956-1958)
- Hermann Joseph Muller ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1946
- Hermann Müller ~ German Chancellor (1920; 1928-1930)
- Hermann Staudinger ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1953
- Hermann von Helmholtz ~ Scientist
Hermann Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.