What does Jacques mean?
The meaning of Jacques is "supplanter".
Jacques is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Jac-ques.
The Given Name Jacques
Jacques is a refined and mesmerizing name.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
Alternate names include Jacque.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Jacques Anquetil, Jacques Arcadelt, and Jacques Berthieu.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 2,074 in baby name popularity for boys with 67 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Jacques sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Jacques Name Popularity Page.
Jacques Related Names
Variants of the name Jacques include Jacque.
The name Jacqueline is a form of Jacques.
- Jacques Anquetil ~ Cycler
- Jacques Arcadelt ~ Musician
- Jacques Berthieu ~ Saint
- Jacques Brel ~ Musician
- Jacques Cartier ~ Business Mogul, Explorer
- Jacques Chaban Delmas ~ French Prime Minister (1969-1972)
- Jacques Charles Dupont de l'Eure ~ French Prime Minister (1848)
- Jacques Chirac ~ French Prime Minister (1974-1976; 1986-1988), French President (1995-2007)
- Jacques Cousteau ~ Explorer
- Jacques Desire Laval ~ Saint
- Jacques Haman ~ Soccer Player
- Jacques Honore Chastan ~ Saint
- Jacques Laffitte ~ French Prime Minister (1830-1831)
- Jacques Laperriere ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Jacques Lemaire ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Jacques Louis David ~ Artist
- Jacques McClendon ~ Football Player
- Jacques Monod ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1965
- Jacques Offenbach ~ Musician
- Jacques Plante ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Jacques Sales ~ Saint
- Jacques Zoua ~ Soccer Player
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Jacques are often gracious and optimistic but most of all they are read more >>
Jacques Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.