What does Jules mean?
The meaning of Jules is "downy-bearded, soft haired, implying youthful".
Jules is used as both a boys and girls name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ju-les.
The Given Name Jules
Embraced by many parents, the name Jules, is one of timelessness and adventure.
An elegant name, Jules possesses great character.
Alternate names include Jools.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Jules A. Hoffmann, Jules Armand Dufaure, and Jules Bordet.
The trend's your friend. See how Jules has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Jules Name Popularity Page.
Jules Related Names
Jules is a diminutive of Julian.
Variants of the name Jules include Jools.
- Jules A. Hoffmann ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2011
- Jules Armand Dufaure ~ French Prime Minister (1871-1873; 1876; 1877-1879)
- Jules Bordet ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1919
- Jules de Polignac ~ French Prime Minister (1829-1830)
- Jules Deelder ~ Writer
- Jules Ferry ~ French Prime Minister (1880-1881; 1883-1885)
- Jules Grevy ~ French President (1879-1887)
- Jules Massenet ~ Musician
- Jules Meline ~ French Prime Minister (1896-1898)
- Jules Simon ~ French Prime Minister (1876-1877)
- Jules van Zuylen van Nijevelt ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1866-1868)
- Jules Verne ~ Writer
- Jules Winnfield ~ Pulp Fiction character
Jules Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.