What does Leon mean?
The meaning of Leon is "lion".
Leon is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Lee-on.
The Given Name Leon
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
An appealing name that will rock parents.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Leon 'Goose' Goslin, Leon Blum, and Leon Bourgeois.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 245 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,510 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Leon has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Leon Name Popularity Page.
Leon Related Names
Leon has the diminutive (nickname) Leo.
- Leon 'Goose' Goslin ~ Baseball Player
- Leon Blum ~ French Prime Minister (1936-1937; 1938; 1946-1947)
- Leon Bourgeois ~ French Prime Minister (1895-1896), Nobel Prize for Peace 1920
- Leon Day ~ Baseball Player
- Leon Faucher ~ French Prime Minister (1851)
- Leon Gambetta ~ French Prime Minister (1881-1882)
- Leon Hall ~ Football Player
- Leon Jouhaux ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1951
- Leon M. Lederman ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1988
- Leon N Cooper ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1972
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Leon are often harmonious and diligent but most of all they are read more >>
Leon Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.