What does Ludwig mean?
The meaning of Ludwig is "famous warrior".
Ludwig is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Lud-wig.
The Given Name Ludwig
Ludwig is a great choice for parents looking for a more unique name.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ludwig Boltzmann, Ludwig Erhard, and Ludwig I the Pious.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 11,607 in baby name popularity for boys with 6 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Ludwig sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Ludwig Name Popularity Page.
Ludwig Related Names
Ludwig has the diminutive (nickname) Lutz.
- Ludwig Boltzmann ~ Scientist
- Ludwig Erhard ~ German Chancellor (1963-1966)
- Ludwig I the Pious ~ German King (814-840)
- Ludwig II the Younger ~ German King (855-875)
- Ludwig III the Child ~ German King (899-911)
- Ludwig IV ~ German King (1314-1347)
- Ludwig Mies van der Rohe ~ Architect
- Ludwig Quidde ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1927
- Ludwig van Beethoven ~ Classical Musician
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Ludwig are often fearful and grouchy but most of all they are read more >>
Ludwig Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.