What does Mario mean?
The meaning of Mario is "male, virile".
Mario is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Ma-ri-o.
The Given Name Mario
Mario is quite a fearless name and a welcome find.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Mario Ancic, Mario Andretti, and Mario Capecchi.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 270 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,361 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Mario sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Mario Name Popularity Page.
Mario Related Names
- Mario Ancic ~ Tennis Player
- Mario Andretti ~ Driver
- Mario Capecchi ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2007
- Mario J. Molina ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1995
- Mario Kempes ~ Soccer Player
- Mario Lemieux ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Mario Mandzukic ~ Soccer Player
- Mario Matt ~ Skier
- Mario Melchiot ~ Soccer Player
- Mario Vargas Llosa ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 2010
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Mario are often extroverted and wasteful but most of all they are read more >>
Mario Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.