What does Maurice mean?
The meaning of Maurice is "dark skinned, moorish".
Maurice is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Mau-rice.
The Given Name Maurice
Maurice is an enchanting and simple name.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Maurice 'Rocket' Richard, and Maurice Allais.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 618 in baby name popularity for boys with 432 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Maurice sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Maurice Name Popularity Page.
Maurice Related Names
- Maurice ~ Saint
- Maurice 'Rocket' Richard ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Maurice Allais ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1988
- Maurice Bourges Maunoury ~ French Prime Minister (1957)
- Maurice Chevalier ~ Actor, Musician
- Maurice Couve de Murville ~ French Prime Minister (1968-1969)
- Maurice Jarre ~ Musician
- Maurice MacKenraghty ~ Saint
- Maurice Maeterlinck ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1911
- Maurice McDonald ~ Business Mogul
- Maurice of Carnoet ~ Saint
- Maurice of Hungary ~ Saint
- Maurice Ravel ~ Musician
- Maurice Rouvier ~ French Prime Minister (1887; 1905-1906)
- Maurice Sendak ~ Writer
- Maurice Stokes ~ Basketball Player
- Maurice Wilkins ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1962
Maurice Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.