What does Max mean?
The meaning of Max is "nickname for names beginning with max-".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "the greatest".
Max is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Max.
The Given Name Max
Elegant and popular, it is a name considered by many parents.
A wonderfully classic name.
A chic name that will be attractive to parents.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Max 'Marty' Friedman, Max Bentley, and Max Born.
View the Max Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Max has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Max to other names.
Max Related Names
- Max 'Marty' Friedman ~ Basketball Player
- Max Bentley ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Max Born ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1954
- Max Brown ~ Actor
- Max Carey ~ Baseball Player
- Max Delbruck ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1969
- Max Ernst ~ Artist
- Max Gradel ~ Soccer Player
- Max Perutz ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1962
- Max Planck ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1918
- Max Schmeling ~ Boxer
- Max Theiler ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1951
- Max Verstappen ~ Driver
- Max von Laue ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1914
- Max von Sydow ~ Actor
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Max are often hearty and noteworthy but most of all they are read more >>
Max Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.