What does Miguel mean?
The meaning of Miguel is "who is like G-d".
Miguel is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Mi-gu-al.
The Given Name Miguel
Miguel is a valiant and luminous name.
A name fit for a child full of grace and familiarity, a little pioneer.
Miguel is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Miguel angel Asturias, and Miguel Angel Ponce.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 176 in baby name popularity for boys with 2,272 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Miguel sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Miguel Name Popularity Page.
Miguel Related Names
- Miguel ~ Portuguese King (1828-1834)
- Miguel angel Asturias ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1967
- Miguel Angel Ponce ~ Soccer Player
- Miguel Carvalho ~ Saint
- Miguel de Cervantes ~ Writer
- Miguel de Sanctis ~ Saint
- Miguel Febres Cordero ~ Saint
- Miguel Ferrer ~ Actor
- Miguel Kozaki ~ Saint
- Miguel Layun ~ Soccer Player
- Miguel Lopez de Legazpi ~ Explorer
- Miguel Pro ~ Saint
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Miguel are often dear and judicious but most of all they are read more >>
Miguel Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.