What does Oscar mean?
The meaning of Oscar is "divine spear".
It is also of Celtic origin, where its meaning is "deer lover".
Oscar is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Os-car.
The Given Name Oscar
A name fit for a child full of sparkle and spirit, a little explorer.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: oscar Arias, and Oscar Charleston.
The trend's your friend. See how Oscar has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Oscar Name Popularity Page.
Oscar Related Names
Variants of the name Oscar include Osckar.
- Oscar ~ Soccer Player, 1 storm
- oscar Arias ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1987
- Oscar Charleston ~ Baseball Player
- Oscar I ~ Swedish King (1844-1859)
- Oscar II ~ Swedish King (1872-1907)
- Oscar Robertson ~ Basketball Player
- Oscar Ruggeri ~ Soccer Player
- Oscar Wilde ~ Writer
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Oscar are often unselfish and lustrous but most of all they are read more >>
Oscar Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.