What does Rafael mean?
The meaning of Rafael is "G-d has healed".
Rafael is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Ra-fay-el.
The Given Name Rafael
Rafael is a great choice for parents looking for a more popular name.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
Wrap it up and take it home, Rafael may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Rafael Arnaiz Baron, and Rafael da Silva.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 293 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,201 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Rafael sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Rafael Name Popularity Page.
Rafael Related Names
- Rafael ~ 1 hurricane
- Rafael Arnaiz Baron ~ Saint
- Rafael da Silva ~ Soccer Player
- Rafael Erich ~ Finnish Prime Minister (1920-1921)
- Rafael Guizar y Valencia ~ Saint
- Rafael Marquez ~ Soccer Player
- Rafael Nadal ~ Tennis Player
- Rafael Paasio ~ Finnish Prime Minister (1966-1968; 1972)
- Rafael Sabatini ~ Writer
- Rafael van der Vaart ~ Soccer Player
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Rafael are often exalted and lavish but most of all they are read more >>
Rafael Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.