What does Raymond mean?
The meaning of Raymond is "counselor, protector".
Raymond is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ray-mond.
The Given Name Raymond
The name dropped from popularity but was revived in the middle of the 19th century along with other names of Anglo Saxon and Norman Germanic origin.
Raymond falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Raymond Barre, Raymond Berry, and Raymond Burr.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 293 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,200 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Raymond Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Raymond has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Raymond to other names.
Raymond Related Names
Variants of the name Raymond include Raimond, Raymon, Raymonde, Raymund.
The names Erramun, Raimo, Raimonda, Raimondas, Raimondo, Raimonds, Raimundo, Rajmund, Ramona, Rayman, Raymone, Raymundo, Reamann, Reigh, Reima, Reimund, Reinmund, Reymond, Reymundo are all forms of Raymond.
Raymond has the diminutive (nickname) Ray.
- Raymond Barre ~ French Prime Minister (1976-1981)
- Raymond Berry ~ Football Player
- Raymond Burr ~ Actor
- Raymond Davis Jr. ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2002
- Raymond Kopa ~ Soccer Player
- Raymond Nonnatus ~ Saint
- Raymond of Barbastro ~ Saint
- Raymond of Fitero ~ Saint
- Raymond of Penafort ~ Saint
- Raymond of Toulouse ~ Saint
- Raymond Poincare ~ French President (1913-1920), French Prime Minister (1912-1913; 1922-1924; 1926-1929)
- Raymond the Palmer ~ Saint
- Raymond van de Klundert 'Kluun' ~ Writer
Destiny Number, Life Path Number, Soul Urge and Personality Number. These Numerological numbers may tell your child's story. Take a look at the Numerology Of Raymond.
Children named Raymond are often introverted and zealous but most of all they are read more >>
Raymond Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Raymond in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Raymond in Nautical Flags page.