What does Ronald mean?
The meaning of Ronald is "rules with counsel".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "wise ruler".
Ronald is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ro-nald.
The Given Name Ronald
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Wrap it up and take it home, Ronald may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ronald Coase, and Ronald Colman.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 434 in baby name popularity for boys with 702 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Ronald has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Ronald Name Popularity Page.
Ronald Related Names
Ronald has the diminutive (nickname) Ronnie.
- Ronald ~ Saint
- Ronald Coase ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1991
- Ronald Colman ~ Actor
- Ronald de Boer ~ Soccer Player
- Ronald George Wreyford Norrish ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1967
- Ronald Giphart ~ Writer
- Ronald Koeman ~ Soccer Player
- Ronald Martin ~ Football Player
- Ronald Reagan ~ Actor, U. S. President (1981-1989)
- Ronald Ross ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1902
- Ronald Weasley ~ Harry Potter character, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone character
Ronald Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.