What does Tony mean?
The meaning of Tony is "worthy of praise".
It is also of Greek origin, where its meaning is "flower, flourishing".
Tony is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced To-ny.
The Given Name Tony
Embraced by many parents, the name Tony, is one of timelessness and warmth.
A sophisticated name, Tony possesses great character.
An attractive name that will be brilliant to parents.
Tony falls into the flower name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Tony Bennett, and Tony Blair.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 523 in baby name popularity for boys with 562 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Tony has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Tony Name Popularity Page.
Tony Related Names
- Tony ~ 1 storm
- Tony Bennett ~ Musician
- Tony Blair ~ British Prime Minister (1997-2007)
- Tony Canadeo ~ Football Player
- Tony Curtis ~ Actor
- Tony Danza ~ Actor
- Tony Dorsett ~ Football Player
- Tony Esposito ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Tony Gwynn ~ Baseball Player
- Tony Hawk ~ skateboarder
- Tony Lazzeri ~ Baseball Player
- Tony Montana ~ Scarface character
- Tony Perez ~ Baseball Player
- Tony Plana ~ Actor
- Tony Randall ~ Actor
- Tony Shalhoub ~ Actor
- Tony Stark ~ Iron Man character
Tony Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.