What does Victor mean?
The meaning of Victor is "to conquer, victory".
Victor is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Vic-tor.
The Given Name Victor
The name has been borne by several saints.
Victor is an enchanting and sophisticated name.
Mesmerizing yet stylish, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Victor remains a favorite due to its attractive and valiant nature.
Victor falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Dr. Victor Frankenstein, and Victor Claver.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 165 in baby name popularity for boys with 2,400 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Victor sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Victor Name Popularity Page.
Victor Related Names
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein ~ Frankenstein character
- Victor ~ Soccer Player, Saint, Pope (1159-1164), Pope (1138)
- Victor Claver ~ Basketball Player
- Victor de Broglie ~ French Prime Minister (1830; 1835-1836)
- Victor Francis Hess ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1936
- Victor Garber ~ Actor
- Victor Grignard ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1912
- Victor Hugo ~ Writer
- Victor I ~ Pope (189-199)
- Victor Ibarbo ~ Soccer Player
- Victor II ~ Pope (1055-1057)
- Victor III ~ Pope (1086-1087), Saint
- Victor Khryapa ~ Basketball Player
- Victor Marijnen ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1963-1965)
- Victor McLaglen ~ Actor
- Victor of Marseilles ~ Saint
- Victor of Solothurn ~ Saint
- Victor of Vita ~ Saint
- Victor of Xanten ~ Saint
- Victor Sada ~ Basketball Player
- Victor the Moor ~ Saint
Victor Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.