What does Wilhelm mean?
The meaning of Wilhelm is "determined protector".
Wilhelm is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Wi-lhelm.
The Given Name Wilhelm
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Wilhelm has no variant spellings.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Wilhelm Cuno, Wilhelm Grimm, and Wilhelm Marx.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 4,314 in baby name popularity for boys with 24 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Wilhelm has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Wilhelm Name Popularity Page.
Wilhelm Related Names
The names Wilhelmina, Wilhelmine, William are all forms of Wilhelm.
- Wilhelm Cuno ~ German Chancellor (1922-1923)
- Wilhelm Grimm ~ Writer
- Wilhelm Marx ~ German Chancellor (1923-1925; 1926-1928)
- Wilhelm Maybach ~ Scientist
- Wilhelm Ostwald ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1909, Scientist
- Wilhelm Rontgen ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1901, Scientist
- Wilhelm Steinitz ~ Chess Player
- Wilhelm Wien ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1911, Scientist
Destiny Number, Life Path Number, Soul Urge and Personality Number. These Numerological numbers may tell your child's story. Take a look at the Numerology Of Wilhelm.
Children named Wilhelm are often concrete and real but most of all they are read more >>
Wilhelm Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Wilhelm in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Wilhelm in Nautical Flags page.