What does Wilhelm mean?
The meaning of Wilhelm is "determined protector".
Wilhelm is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Wi-lhelm.
The Given Name Wilhelm
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Wilhelm has no variant spellings.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Wilhelm Cuno, Wilhelm Grimm, and Wilhelm Marx.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 4,314 in baby name popularity for boys with 24 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Wilhelm has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Wilhelm Name Popularity Page.
Wilhelm Related Names
- Wilhelm Cuno ~ German Chancellor (1922-1923)
- Wilhelm Grimm ~ Writer
- Wilhelm Marx ~ German Chancellor (1923-1925; 1926-1928)
- Wilhelm Maybach ~ Scientist
- Wilhelm Ostwald ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1909, Scientist
- Wilhelm Rontgen ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1901, Scientist
- Wilhelm Steinitz ~ Chess Player
- Wilhelm Wien ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1911, Scientist
Wilhelm Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.