What does Wolfgang mean?
The meaning of Wolfgang is "travelling wolf".
Wolfgang is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Wol-fgang.
The Given Name Wolfgang
This 2 syllable name has charm and a positive vibe.
Although unique, your little fearless Wolfgang, is sure to make it a memorable one.
Wolfgang falls into the animal name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and Wolfgang Ketterle.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,476 in baby name popularity for boys with 113 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Wolfgang sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Wolfgang Name Popularity Page.
Wolfgang Related Names
The name Ulfgangur is a form of Wolfgang.
- Wolfgang ~ Saint
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ~ Classical Musician
- Wolfgang Ketterle ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2001
- Wolfgang Overath ~ Soccer Player
- Wolfgang Paul ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1989
- Wolfgang Pauli ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1945, Scientist
Wolfgang Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.