What does Isaac mean?
The meaning of Isaac is "he will laugh".
Isaac is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced I-saac.
The Given Name Isaac
In the Bible, Isaac is the son of Abraham and late-life father of Esau and Jacob. As a child, he is nearly sacrificed by his father as a test by G-d of Abraham's faith.
Isaac falls into the biblical name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Isaac Albeniz, and Isaac Angelus.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 32 in baby name popularity for boys with 8,851 occurrences. It ranked 8,967 in baby name popularity for girls with 12 occurrences.
The trend's your friend. See how Isaac has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Isaac Name Popularity Page.
Isaac Related Names
Variants of the name Isaac include Isaak, Isaic, Issac, Issaic.
The names Aizik, Isaakios, Isacc, Isak, Itzik, Izaac, Izaak, Izak, Izsak, Sahak, Yitschak, Yitzchak, Yitzhak are all forms of Isaac.
- Isaac ~ 3 hurricanes, 1 storm, Biblical Character (Gen. 21:1)
- Isaac Albeniz ~ Musician
- Isaac Angelus ~ Byzantine Emperor Isaac II Angelus (1185-1195; 1203-1204)
- Isaac Asimov ~ Writer
- Isaac Bashevis Singer ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1978
- Isaac Brizuela ~ Soccer Player
- Isaac Comnenus ~ Byzantine Emperor Isaac I Comnenus (1057-1059)
- Isaac Dignus Fransen van de Putte ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1866)
- Isaac Hempstead Wright ~ Actor
- Isaac Newton ~ Scientist
- Isaac of Constantinople ~ Saint
- Isaac of Cordoba ~ Saint
- Isaac of Spoleto ~ Saint
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Isaac are often thorough and honorable but most of all they are read more >>
Isaac Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Isaac in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Isaac in Nautical Flags page.