What does Theodore mean?
The meaning of Theodore is "G-d's gift".
Theodore is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Thee-ah-dore.
The Given Name Theodore
Theodore falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Theodore Gericault, and Theodore I.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 62 in baby name popularity for boys with 5,950 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Theodore sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Theodore Name Popularity Page.
Theodore Related Names
Variants of the name Theodore include Theadore.
The names Feder, Fedir, Feodor, Feodosii, Feodosiy, Fyodor, Keokolo, Teodor, Teodoro, Teodors, Teodosio, Teodozja, Theadora, Theodoor, Theodor, Theodora, Tivadar, Todor, Twdor, Twdore, Twedwr are all forms of Theodore.
- Theodore ~ Saint, Pope (687)
- Theodore Gericault ~ Artist
- Theodore I ~ Pope (642-649)
- Theodore II ~ Pope (897)
- Theodore Laurence ~ Little Women character
- Theodore Nott ~ Harry Potter character
- Theodore of Perge ~ Saint
- Theodore of Sykeon ~ Saint
- Theodore of Tarsus ~ Saint
- Theodore Roosevelt ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1906, U. S. President (1901-1909)
- Theodore Schultz ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1979
- Theodore Steeg ~ French Prime Minister (1930-1931)
- Theodore the Studite ~ Saint
- Theodore Trichinas ~ Saint
- Theodore William Richards ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1914
Want to know how your name choice may effect your child?
Then take a look at the Numerological Report For Theodore.
It may give you some insight about your new baby.
Children named Theodore are often grounded and instructive but most of all they are read more >>
Theodore Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Theodore in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Theodore in Nautical Flags page.