What does Bartholomew mean?
The meaning of Bartholomew is "son of a farmer, son of Talmai".
Bartholomew is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 11 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced Bar-tho-lo-mew.
The Given Name Bartholomew
This 4 syllable name has charm and a positive vibe.
Bartholomew is also great as a middle name.
Bartholomew falls into the occupational name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Bartholomew Buonpedoni, and Bartholomew Chong Mun ho.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 4,603 in baby name popularity for boys with 21 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Bartholomew has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Bartholomew Name Popularity Page.
Bartholomew Related Names
The names Bairtlimead, Balduin, Bartal, Bartalan, Barthelemy, Bartholomaeus, Bartholomaios, Bartholomaus, Bartholomeus, Barthomieu, Bartlomiej, Barto, Bar-Tolmay, Bartolmeu, Bartolomaus, Bartolome, Bartolomej, Bartolomeo, Bartos, Bertalan, Jernej, Parth, Parthalan, Parttyli, Perttu, Varfolomei are all forms of Bartholomew.
- Bartholomew ~ Biblical Character (Matt. 10:3/John 21:2)
- Bartholomew Buonpedoni ~ Saint
- Bartholomew Chong Mun ho ~ Saint
- Bartholomew Monfiore ~ Saint
- Bartholomew of Farne ~ Saint
- Bartholomew of Grottaferrata ~ Saint
- Bartholomew of Vicenza ~ Saint
- Bartholomew Sheki ~ Saint
- Bartholomew Shikiemon ~ Saint
Bartholomew Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.