What does Dan mean?
The meaning of Dan is "G-d is my judge".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "nickname for names beginning with dan-".
Dan is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Dan.
The Given Name Dan
Dan is quite a simple name and a welcome find.
A name fit for a child full of a positive vibe and spirit, a little pathfinder.
Wrap it up and take it home, Dan may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Dan Aykroyd, and Dan Bain.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,642 in baby name popularity for boys with 96 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Dan sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Dan Name Popularity Page.
Dan Related Names
- Dan ~ Biblical Character (Gen. 30:6)
- Dan Aykroyd ~ Actor
- Dan Bain ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Dan Brouthers ~ Baseball Player
- Dan Carney ~ Business Mogul
- Dan Dierdorf ~ Football Player
- Dan Emmett ~ Musician
- Dan Fortmann ~ Football Player
- Dan Fouts ~ Football Player
- Dan Hampton ~ Football Player
- Dan Issel ~ Basketball Player
- Dan Lauria ~ Actor
- Dan Marino ~ Football Player
- Dan Shechtman ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2011
- Dan Stevens ~ Actor
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Dan are often grateful and witty but most of all they are read more >>
Dan Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.