What does Erik mean?
The meaning of Erik is "ruler of all".
It is also of Swedish origin, where its meaning is "eternal ruler".
Erik is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced E-rik.
The Given Name Erik
Erik appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Erik Axel Karlfeldt, Erik I Evergood, and Erik II the Memorable.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 368 in baby name popularity for boys with 898 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Erik Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Erik has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Erik to other names.
Erik Related Names
The name Jerrik is a form of Erik.
- Erik Axel Karlfeldt ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1931
- Erik I Evergood ~ Danish King (1095-1103)
- Erik II the Memorable ~ Danish King (1134-1137)
- Erik III the Lamb ~ Danish King (1137-1146)
- Erik IV Ploughpenny ~ Danish King (1241-1250)
- Erik IX the Holy ~ Swedish King (1156-1160)
- Erik Paartalu ~ Soccer Player
- Erik Per Sullivan ~ Actor
- Erik Satie ~ Musician
- Erik the Red ~ Explorer
- Erik the Victorious ~ Swedish King (c. 970-c. 995)
- Erik V Klipping ~ Danish King (1259-1286)
- Erik VI Menved ~ Danish King (1286-1319)
- Erik VII ~ Swedish King (1066-1067)
- Erik VII of Pomerania ~ Danish King (1412-1439)
- Erik VIII the Pagan ~ Swedish King (1066-1067)
- Erik X ~ Swedish King (1208-1216)
- Erik XI ~ Swedish King (1222-1229; 1234-1250)
- Erik XII ~ Swedish King (1357-1359)
- Erik XIII of Pomerania ~ Swedish King (1396-1439)
- Erik XIV ~ Swedish King (1560-1568)
Erik Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.