What does Ernst mean?
The meaning of Ernst is "serious".
Ernst is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ernst.
The Given Name Ernst
This 1 syllable name has charm and timelessness.
Ernst is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ernst Boris Chain, Ernst Haeckel, and Ernst Happel.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Ernst has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Ernst Name Popularity Page.
Ernst Related Names
- Ernst Boris Chain ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1945
- Ernst Haeckel ~ Scientist
- Ernst Happel ~ Soccer Player
- Ernst Mach ~ Scientist
- Ernst Otto Fischer ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1973
- Ernst Ruska ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1986
Ernst Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.