What does Harald mean?
The meaning of Harald is "army ruler, army leader".
It is also of Scandinavian origin, where its meaning is "army ruler".
Harald is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ha-rald.
The Given Name Harald
Harald is a name with class.
This great little boy name has a natural majesty.
Harald has no variant spellings.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Harald I Bluetooth, Harald I Fairhair, and Harald II.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 10,053 in baby name popularity for boys with 7 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Harald has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Harald Name Popularity Page.
Harald Related Names
- Harald I Bluetooth ~ Danish King (958-986)
- Harald I Fairhair ~ Norwegian King (872-930)
- Harald II ~ Danish King (1014-1018)
- Harald II Greycloak ~ Norwegian King (961-970)
- Harald III Hardrada ~ Norwegian King (1046-1066)
- Harald III Hen ~ Danish King (1074-1080)
- Harald IV Gille ~ Norwegian King (1130-1136)
- Harald V ~ Norwegian King (1991-)
- Harald zur Hausen ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2008
Harald Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.