What does Johan mean?
The meaning of Johan is "G-d is gracious".
Johan is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Yo-han.
The Given Name Johan
Johan is a mesmerizing and sweet name.
A chic name, Johan possesses great character.
Wrap it up and take it home, Johan may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Johan Boskamp, Johan Cruijff, and Johan de Kock.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 501 in baby name popularity for boys with 576 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Johan sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Johan Name Popularity Page.
Johan Related Names
The name Johana is a form of Johan.
Johan has the diminutive (nickname) Hanke.
- Johan Boskamp ~ Soccer Player
- Johan Cruijff ~ Soccer Player
- Johan de Kock ~ Soccer Player
- Johan I ~ Swedish King (1216-1222)
- Johan II ~ Swedish King (1497-1501)
- Johan III ~ Swedish King (1568-1592)
- Johan Jakobsson ~ Handball Player
- Johan Neeskens ~ Soccer Player
- Johan Rudolph Thorbecke ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1849-1853; 1862-1866; 1871-1872)
- Johan Sjostrand ~ Handball Player
Johan Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.