What does Pieter mean?
The meaning of Pieter is "rock, stone".
Pieter is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Pie-ter.
The Given Name Pieter
Pieter is quite an appealing name and a welcome find.
A wonderfully distinctive name.
Although unique, your little bold Pieter, is sure to make it a memorable one.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Pieter Brueghel the Elder, Pieter Canisius, and Pieter Corneliszoon Hooft.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Pieter sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Pieter Name Popularity Page.
Pieter Related Names
- Pieter Brueghel the Elder ~ Artist
- Pieter Canisius ~ Saint
- Pieter Corneliszoon Hooft ~ Writer
- Pieter Cort van der Linden ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1913-1918)
- Pieter Philip van Bosse ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1868-1871)
- Pieter Sjoerds Gerbrandy ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1940-1945)
- Pieter Zeeman ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1902, Scientist
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Pieter are often quarrelsome and repentant but most of all they are read more >>
Pieter Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.