What does Alan mean?
The meaning of Alan is "rock, handsome".
It is also of English and Scottish origin, where its meaning is "handsome".
Alan is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced A-lan.
The Given Name Alan
Popular yet delightful, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Alternate names include Alann, Alen, Allan, Allen, Allin, Allyn.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Alan Alda, Alan Arkin, and Alan Carr.
View the Alan Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Alan has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Alan to other names.
Alan Related Names
- Alan Alda ~ Actor
- Alan Arkin ~ Actor
- Alan Carr ~ Actor
- Alan Cumming ~ Actor
- Alan Dale ~ Actor
- Alan J. Heeger ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2000
- Alan Jones ~ Driver
- Alan Kardec ~ Soccer Player
- Alan Lloyd Hodgkin ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1963
- Alan MacDiarmid ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2000
- Alan Menken ~ Musician
- Alan Page ~ Football Player
- Alan Pulido ~ Soccer Player
- Alan Rickman ~ Actor
- Alan Ruck ~ Actor
- Alan Shepard ~ Astronaut
- Alan Silvestri ~ Musician
- Alan Thicke ~ Actor
- Alan Tudyk ~ Actor
- Alan Young ~ Actor
Alan Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.