Am I Pregnant?
In addition, many women feel early pregnancy symptoms before a positive Home Pregnancy Test result.
Take a look at the information on this page to help determine if you may be pregnant.
Once you think you may be pregnant, make an appointment for a blood test to confirm.
The earlier you confirm pregnancy, the earlier you can be under the proper care of a physician.
Remember, symptoms vary from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy.
- Positive Home Pregnancy Test (HPT) result. - As you get closer to your period, you will be able to detect pregnancy with an HPT.
- Missed Period - A missed period is the most obvious early symptom of pregnancy. Although there are a number of other reasons for missing your period, if pregnancy is a possibility, you may want to take a Home Pregnancy Test. If you miss more than one period, you should consult your physician.
- Spotting and Cramping - some women feel cramping or observe light spotting when the fertilized egg implants itself in their uterus.
- Smell Sensitivity, Nausea and Vomiting (Morning Sickness) - Due to rapidly changing hormone levels, many women experience an increased sensitivity to smell and often feel nautious. Foods and beverages that a woman may normally enjoy, now make her ill. Keep in mind "morning sickness" can actually occur at any time of the day.
- Breast Changes - Again, due to rapidly changing hormone levels, many women experience changes in their breasts including tenderness, fullness, and soreness.
- Groin, Lower Back Area Pain or Discomfort - Some women feel pain or discomfort in the groin and lower back areas. This symptom is due to changes in their uterus after the fertilized egg implants itself.
- Extreme Fatigue - Due to higher levels of the hormone progesterone, many women experience unusual fatigue. It is import to get plenty of rest and maintain a proper diet, rich in protein to help improve your energy level.
- Constipation - Like "morning sickness", increased levels of the hormone progesterone, may make you constipated, as it causes food to pass through your intestines at a slower rate.
- Frequent Urination - Another symptom due to rapidly changing hormone levels, pregnant women sometimes experience a more frequent need to urinate.
- Mood Swings - Many newly pregnant women experience mood swings, again due to the rapid change in hormone levels brought about by the pregnancy.
- Headaches and Back Pain - Some women in early pregnancy also experience an increase in mild headaches, while others report an increase in back pain.