What does Antonio mean?
The meaning of Antonio is "worthy of praise".
Antonio is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced An-to-nio.
The Given Name Antonio
Antonio is a great choice for parents looking for a more popular name.
A memorable name, Antonio possesses great character.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Antonio Baldinucci, and Antonio Banderas.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 139 in baby name popularity for boys with 2,886 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Antonio sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Antonio Name Popularity Page.
Antonio Related Names
- Antonio ~ Portuguese King (1580), The Merchant of Venice character
- Antonio Baldinucci ~ Saint
- Antonio Banderas ~ Actor
- Antonio Bonfadini ~ Saint
- Antonio Canova ~ Artist
- Antonio Carbajal ~ Soccer Player
- Antonio Dainan ~ Saint
- Antonio Egas Moniz ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1949
- Antonio Fantosati ~ Saint
- Antonio Francisco ~ Saint
- Antonio Galvão ~ Saint
- Antonio Grassi ~ Saint
- Antonio Maria Gianelli ~ Saint
- Antonio Maria Pucci ~ Saint
- Antonio Maria Zaccaria ~ Saint
- Antonio Meucci ~ Scientist
- Antonio of Amandola ~ Saint
- Antonio of Saint Bonaventure of Tuy ~ Saint
- Antonio of Stroncone ~ Saint
- Antonio Pavoni ~ Saint
- Antonio Pigafetta ~ Explorer
- Antonio Salieri ~ Classical Musician
- Antonio Smith ~ Football Player
- Antonio Vivaldi ~ Classical Musician
Antonio Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.