What does Bernard mean?
The meaning of Bernard is "bold as a bear".
Bernard is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ber-nard.
The Given Name Bernard
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Bernard is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Bernard Arnault, and Bernard Calvo.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,179 in baby name popularity for boys with 157 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Bernard Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Bernard has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Bernard to other names.
Bernard Related Names
- Bernard ~ Saint, Soccer Player
- Bernard Arnault ~ Business Mogul
- Bernard Calvo ~ Saint
- Bernard de Alzira ~ Saint
- Bernard degli Uberti ~ Saint
- Bernard Due ~ Saint
- Bernard Gallagher ~ Actor
- Bernard Hill ~ Actor
- Bernard Katz ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1970
- Bernard Marx ~ Brave New World character
- Bernard Mary of Jesus ~ Saint
- Bernard Montgomery ~ Military Leader
- Bernard of Baden ~ Saint
- Bernard of Bagnorea ~ Saint
- Bernard of Capua ~ Saint
- Bernard of Clairvaux ~ Saint
- Bernard of Menthon ~ Saint
- Bernard of Toulouse ~ Saint
- Bernard of Valdeiglesias ~ Saint
- Bernard Pierce ~ Football Player
- Bernard the Penitent ~ Saint
- Bernard Valeara ~ Saint
- Bernard Vukas ~ Soccer Player
Bernard Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.