What does Brian mean?
The meaning of Brian is "strong, honorable".
It is also of Celtic and origin, where its meaning is "".
Brian is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Bri-an.
The Given Name Brian
Simple yet sophisticated, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Wrap it up and take it home, Brian may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Brian Austin Green, Brian Benben, and Brian Boru.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 168 in baby name popularity for boys with 2518 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Brian Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Brian has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Brian to other names.
Brian Related Names
- Brian Austin Green ~ Actor
- Brian Benben ~ Actor
- Brian Boru ~ Irish King (1002-1014)
- Brian Cox ~ Actor
- Brian David Josephson ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1973
- Brian Dietzen ~ Actor
- Brian Eno ~ Musician
- Brian Kerwin ~ Actor
- Brian Kobilka ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2012
- Brian Krause ~ Actor
- Brian Lacey ~ Saint
- Brian Leetch ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Brian McNamara ~ Actor
- Brian Mulroney ~ Canadian Prime Minister (1984-1993)
- Brian Orakpo ~ Football Player
- Brian Schmidt ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2011
- Brian Wilson ~ Musician
Brian Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.