What does Carl mean?
The meaning of Carl is "free man, strong".
Carl is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Carl.
The Given Name Carl
Carl is a mesmerizing and elegant name.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Although often used, your attractive little Carl, is sure to make it all his own.
Carl falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Carl Betz, Carl Bosch, and Carl David Anderson.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 601 in baby name popularity for boys with 454 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Carl sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Carl Name Popularity Page.
Carl Related Names
- Carl Betz ~ Actor
- Carl Bosch ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1931
- Carl David Anderson ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1936
- Carl Eller ~ Football Player
- Carl Ferdinand Cori ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1947
- Carl Friedrich Gauss ~ Scientist
- Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim ~ Finnish President (1944-1946)
- Carl Hubbell ~ Baseball Player
- Carl Linnaeus ~ Scientist
- Carl Lumbly ~ Actor
- Carl Maria von Weber ~ Musician
- Carl Orff ~ Musician
- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach ~ Musician
- Carl Sagan ~ Scientist
- Carl Spitteler ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1919
- Carl von Ossietzky ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1935
- Carl Wieman ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2001
- Carl XVI Gustaf ~ Swedish King (1973-)
- Carl Yastrzemski ~ Baseball Player
Carl Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.