What does Claude mean?
The meaning of Claude is "lame".
Claude is used as both a boys and girls name.
It consists of 6 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Claude.
The Given Name Claude
Claude appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
This great little unisex name has a natural distinction.
Wrap it up and take it home, Claude may just be the name you're looking for.
Claude falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Claude Bernard, Claude Cohen Tannoudji, and Claude de la Colombiere.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 girls were given the name. It ranked 2806 in baby name popularity for boys with 42 occurrences.
View the Claude Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Claude has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Claude to other names.
Claude Related Names
Variants of the name Claude include Claud.
- Claude Bernard ~ Scientist
- Claude Cohen Tannoudji ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1997
- Claude de la Colombiere ~ Saint
- Claude Debussy ~ Musician
- Claude Frollo ~ Notre-Dame de Paris character
- Claude Monet ~ Artist
- Claude Pouillet ~ Scientist
- Claude Richard ~ Saint
- Claude Simon ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1985
Claude Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.